Our Ritter Bears
Ritter Elementary School is in the South Region of Los Angeles and is one of seven elementary schools in the Partnership for Los Angeles Schools. Approximately 350 students are currently enrolled in the ETK- 5 program. Ritter Elementary School provides a strong educational environment that challenges students to problem solve, think critically and develop the interpersonal skills needed to succeed in our ever changing world. Our staff is committed to our mission which is to provide effective, high quality data driven instruction, continuous professional growth, model a nurturing attitude, and ensure all stakeholders are accountable in order to mentor, motivate, and inspire student achievement. We are committed to fostering partnerships with our surrounding schools and communities.
What Makes Ritter Unique?
- All Ritter Bears care about each and every student that walks through the door and they all strive to make Ritter feel like a home away from home.
- The staff at Ritter are preparing students for success!!!
- Reading instruction is tailored to students' reading level.
- We are a school with an intimate community where our children are unconditionally accepted....a mix of new and veteran teachers honoring innovative ideas.
- Ritter is a school where teachers are passionate, lifelong learners and collaborators. We have supportive leadership.
- We have a great parent engagement component.
- Ritter maintains a friendly and supportive environment for students, parents, and staff.
- We have a strong family-like connection with all stakeholders. This includes families, staff, teachers, and administration. Our doors are always open, and families are comfortable expressing their concerns, needs, desires, good news not only about their children but our Ritter community as a whole!
- We have a plethora of fantastic things: awesome leader, great leadership team, fantastic administrative team, students, Balanced Literacy, teachers, Playworks, Partnership School, and supportive staff.
- Ritter helps students to achieve their dreams!
- We focus on continuous teacher development, data driven instruction, while integrating grade level collaboration. Teachers are appreciated, students are recognized and we have strong community outreach. Overall it’s a great place to learn and teach!
- We have a caring and understanding administration that always has the best interest of the teachers and students in mind when making decisions.
- Teachers that are committed to collaboration and continuous improvement!
- Dedicated professional development time relevant to our specific grade-level needs.