English Learner Advisory Council
The purpose of the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) is to advise the principal and school staff about programs and services for English Learners. ELAC also provides recommendations regarding the Single Plan for Student Achievement to the School Site Council (SSC). The ELAC also assists the school on other tasks listed below.
What is the role of ELAC?
The committee advises and assists the school principal, staff and School Site Council (SSC) with the following:
- The school’s program for English learners.
- The development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
- The school’s Needs Assessment.
- The school’s Annual Language Census (R-30 LC Report).
- Efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.