Restorative justice empowers students to resolve conflicts on their own and in small groups, and it's a growing practice at schools around the country. Essentially, the idea is to bring students together in peer-mediated small groups to talk, ask questions, and air their grievances.
Questions Used During the Restorative Justice Process:
- What happened?
- How did it happen?
- What part did you play in it?
- How were you affected by what you did?
- Who else was affected by what you did?
- What can you do to repair the harm?
- What do you need to make it right?